How To Cite
The editors of the Lost Plays Database encourage scholars to use and cite this resource accurately in their own work.
Preferred Citation Style:
We suggest beginning a citation with the name of the entry, rather than with an author. This is because the collaborative nature of a wiki will inevitably lead to multi-authored and repeatedly revised entries that are not conducive to author-focused citations. (NB. All contributors to a given entry are identified within the entry itself and its history page).
Using the latest MLA 8 style, a citation for the "Bellendon"' entry in a 'Works Cited' list would appear as follows:
- "Bellendon". Lost Plays Database, accessed 09 May 2018, https://lostplays.folger.edu/Bellendon.
Because other citation styles may require more or less information, the following may be of assistance:
- Page Title: All entries have a page title, usually formatted for alphabetising purposes (e.g. "Conquest of the West Indies, The")
- Resource Title: Lost Plays Database
- Editors: Roslyn L. Knutson, David McInnis, and Matthew Steggle
- Place of Publication: Washington, D. C.
- Publisher: Folger Shakespeare Library
- Date of Publication: This is given at the bottom of an entry.