Difference between revisions of "Category:Admiral's"
(Created page with 'Plays performed by the Lord Admiral's Men.')
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 19:40, 13 January 2011
ADMIRAL'S MEN, 1587-1589, 1592, 1594-1599, 1599 ADD., 1600-1603
Active: 1585-1603, and one of the two leading companies 1594-1603.
Patron: Charles Howard, 2nd Baron Howard of Effingham, Earl of Nottingham, Lord High Admiral (1536-1624).
Principal Actor: Edward Alleyn (1566-1626).
Landlord and Financier: Philip Henslowe (d. 1616).
Theatres: the Theatre, 1590-1591; Newington Butts, c. 1591 (?); Rose, 1594-1600; Fortune, 1600-1603. Continued after 1603 as Prince Henry's Men.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Newington (3 P)
Pages in category "Admiral's"
The following 142 pages are in this category, out of 142 total.
- Caesar and Pompey, Parts 1 and 2
- Caesar's Fall
- Catiline's Conspiracy (Catiline)
- Chance Medley
- Chinon of England
- Civil Wars of France, Parts 1, 2 and 3
- Cobbler of Queenheath, The
- Conan, Prince of Cornwall
- Conquest of Brute, Parts 1 and 2
- Conquest of the West Indies, The
- Cox of Collumpton
- Crack Me This Nut
- Fair Constance of Rome, Parts 1 and 2
- Fair Star of Antwerp
- First Introduction of the Civil Wars of France, The
- Five Plays in One (Admiral's)
- Fortunatus, Part 1
- Fortune's Tennis, Part 2
- Fount(ain) of New Fashions, The
- Four Sons of Aymon, The
- Frederick and Basilea
- French Comedy, A
- French Comedy, The
- French Doctor
- Friar Fox and Gillian of Brentford
- Friar Rush and the Proud Woman of Antwerp
- Friar Spendleton
- Funeral of Richard Coeur de Lion, The
- Tamar Cham, Parts 1 and 2
- Tasso's Melancholy
- That Will Be Shall Be
- The Miller
- Thomas Merry (Beech's Tragedy)
- Time's Triumph and Fortune's
- Tinker of Totnes, The
- Tis No Deceit to Deceive the Deceiver
- Toy to Please Chaste Ladies, A
- Triangle (or Triplicity) of Cuckolds, The
- Troilus and Cressida
- Truth's Supplication to Candlelight
- Two Shapes